Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Self-assessment of Online Listening to Podcasts

I had listened two podcasts:


I had an aim to self-assess what skills do I have to listening tasks, especially how I can understand the authentic speech.


I have to admit that I still find difficulties in listening tasks. I needed to listen to podcast not once, but I had listened for three times and sometimes, where the vocabulary was hard to recognize, for more for the complete understanding. But I think that it is because of unknown specific words, and when later I recognize them, it becomes easy to understand the clear meaning. The rate of podcast presenter's speech wasn't too fast, it was suitable "to catch" the words, but when speaks a person, asked to give interview, he naturally talks a little faster. Of course, those interviewed people speak with their accent and use such expressions that sometimes it is complicated to catch the meaning, but this does not make the podcast difficult. The hardest situation is when there are many annoying voices on the background, so then I need to listen for more times of the podcast.

These podcasts helped me to realize how well I am ready to pass my English exam. Well... I am a little afraid of it, but I hope that I will be able to accept this challenge.

No comments: